That being said, I am inviting you to take this piece and properly apply it to your goals. But here and now... this chat is going to cover making your house a home... homeowner or renter alike!
Just to get you up to speed... I do not feel homeownership is for everyone and certainly something to bark upon in your own timing, not because of the current interest rate or because that is what your peers are doing. Nor do I feel making your house a home requires homeownership!
Yet, I've been a homeowner for 12 years this month... YIKES! Every May I make a conscious effort to reflect on the moment I decided to start the process to purchase a home.
- I had challenging credit that HAD to be addressed before sashaying up into ANY bank... talking about I would like to buy a house
- The decision on if I wanted to stay in the Carolina's or move to Texas, which was on the table for years after undergrad
- Did I want to purchase preexisting or build? Reside in the City or commute?
- The layout of the home
- The "must-halves" and the ok... I'll adjust moments.
Currently, I have two projects ahead of me... don't tell my husband. Joking, he already knows. One may be pinned for a bit! The cost is not in the budget, new living room flooring. My cashapp is $MrsNewson if you feel it in your heart of hearts to contribute... lol. Then fresh decor in the master bathroom which includes the below new shower curtain I already purchased. What, we grown! Of course, that bathroom will get done sooner. Just deciding on accents and such.
Why do I feel homeownership is not for everyone? Not too much of cost or how one could save. Because let's be honest... if you have a home loan... you're still paying the bank! My position is more on does owning a home fit your future goals? Such as:
- Purchasing singled vs married
- Family size, if it's growing or not
- Staying in the home long-term or not
- IF you move, would you rent it out or not?
I'm back! I encourage you to breath life into something within your control. It could be big or small. Happy manifesting to you!